Friday, November 22, 2013

The Vatican survey

Fritz Bauerschmidt
Pray Tell
November 22, 2013

I just finished filling out my diocese version of the Vatican Survey in preparation for the Synod on Marriage and the Family. All I can say is, “whew!” I am presuming that the basic set of questions are being used in diocese around the world, since some did not seem terribly relevant to my situation. It also seemed like some could only be answered by a diocesan official. More problematic, some of the questions were so technical or obscurely worded that I was left uncertain as to what was being asked. Also, the answers were almost all in narrative form, so I don’t know what kind of data will be able to be compiled from this.

I suppose it’s better than not being asked at all.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same reaction and opinion as the above. The survey is written in mostly obtuse verbiage, but it is better than not being asked at all. What does anyone else think?

    ReplyDelete